Deadline 10 June 2016, 5pm
Collective is looking for visual artists, writers, curators and producers to take part in Satellites Programme 2017.
Satellites offers two distinct opportunities:
- Three Visual Art Practitioners of any discipline will produce significant visual art commissions and participate in a structured programme of critical discourse and development opportunities over one year.
- Two, unique, 6-month work placements for Associate Producers, interested in the research, development and delivery of exhibitions, events and texts. Both Associate Producers will receive a stipend fee, research budget and produce their own project as part of Satellites Programme.
Eligibility is practitioners currently based in Scotland and either:
- Not represented by a commercial gallery;
- In their final year of undergraduate or postgraduate; and/ or
- Have not had a major opportunity in Scotland in the last four years
Selectors: Petra Bauer (artist and filmmaker), Bryony Bond (Creative Director, The Tetley) and Tom O’Sullivan (artist). Chaired by Kate Gray (Director, Collective).
Satellites Programme is selected through an open submission by a new panel each year and has been specifically developed to facilitate practitioners, at a pivotal, emergent point in their career. The progamme consists of seminars, discussions, events, exhibitions, retreats, mentoring and an annual publication, seeking to foster criticality through peer development and review. Successful applicants are expected to be active participants throughout the year.